My fitness philosophy
The foundational values in my programming are:
1. Love your body and find enjoyment in your movement
2. Prioritize long-term health
3. Focus on function, not numbers
Fitness isn’t about having a low body-fat percentage, tight six-pack, muscular butt or hulking arms. It shouldn’t be judged by the shape of your body, a number on a scale, spectacular feats of athleticism, muscle mass or any of the other metrics we are taught to observe by pop culture and the fitness industry. Fitness isn’t a state of being or a necessarily a hobby, either, it’s a fundamental part of living a healthy life.
I think fitness is truly about you feeling your best. Every body is unique and every person enjoys different things, so the true test of fitness is whether or not you are able to feel good in your body every day and live the vibrant, functional life that YOU desire. The biggest barrier to attaining this state of fitness is often our schedules, but sometimes it’s our beliefs about ourselves. For most people, myself included, movement is easy once you get going, but often it’s difficult to start and difficult to stay engaged. That’s where I come in as a trainer ––to help people follow-through with what they already know they want to do. The goal is to be your best self every day!
THE BENEFITS OF REGULAR TRAINING SESSIONS:
1. Health – Moving your body regularly will support muscle retention, bone density, mental health, and will reduce your risk of injury while you enjoy a higher quality of life.
2. Motivation – An appointment will hold you accountable to the activities you know are good for you! The hardest thing for most people is simply building a new habit.
3. Expertise – All exercise can be good exercise, but a professionally engineered program will address your body’s specific needs and weaknesses to get you the best results.
3. Time efficiency – Having a coach ensure that you spend your limited workout time effectively to get the most benefit. No wasted time or energy figuring out what to do or how to do it.
Sessions are 45 minutes long and available in packages of four or more.
Pricing is sliding-scale based on your budget, between $55-80 per session.
You choose which price and commitment level works for you and your goals!
The most common frequency to start training for beginners is twice per week for one month.
I am also in full support of anyone looking for help getting organized with workouts at home.
For those who are more independent or on a budget, once per week is usually enough.
If you’re looking for more support and love lifting, three sessions per week is also popular!
I offer sessions to groups of 2-3 people as well.
It’s also sliding-scale pricing but with an extra $15 per-person added to the session.
($70-95 for couples, $85-110 for three people)
Ready to book a session?
Reach out via the form below or text me with some details about your personal situation and goals!